Friday, December 4, 2009

Were you present at any historic events?

What was the event? What were your impressions? Does your understanding of the event differ from the historical or popluar accounts?



Were you present at any historic events?listen to opera



I saw the olympic torch get lit in Atlanta in 96! I was like 11 so it wasn't that big of a deal!!



Were you present at any historic events?concert venue opera theater



yes london bombings
Remember 9/11, we all can not forget that.
My birth!
The opening of the 105 freeway. It was kinda lame and overblown.
I saw the Pixies at their first come back show in 20 years. It was awesome.
Was there when they imploded the Sands and the Dunes in Las Vegas. I was just a kid then, so just thought it was like a parade or something.
no but my grandpa was in world war II and my other grandmap *thinks he was on titanic (he loves it that much)
When I was about 2 (I think) my parents took me to see John Glen launch for his orbit around the earth. He was the first astronaut to leave the earth's atmosphere, he then orbited the earth and returned safely. Later he was a congressman in Ohio or somewhere up there, I think. He may be dead now, I'm not sure. Anyway... I digress. I don't remember watching him go up, I just know I was there because my parents told me so.
Sept.11th...sad day to remember...



Woodstock "69...piled in my brothers VW van and drove about 1500 miles to get there only to see the masses of people..No one expected it to be so populated..I was 15,my Brother and friends were all 18 or up..Awesome experience..nothing like that remake of woodstock!What a joke that was! You cannot recreate something that great with todays society being so different in many ways!People like to make fun of the "peace lovin' hippies" alot these days well I happen to think its alot better than being a bunch of disrespectful spoiled brats that are materialistic,or worse yet..gangsta's and drive by shootings..oh yah thats rad!(not)anyway..long live the mud people! Peace!...=)
i almost created a historic event once up a time i would have gotten in serious trouble over it though. it concerned the vietnam war while it was happening and i was in the military. enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin allergy