Thursday, December 10, 2009

Current events...what are the three news events you rember and?

what were you doing at the time



1. stardust fire in dublin.44 people died some with two or three from the same family, valentines night.was at home cause my dad would not allow me to go because i was only 14



2. 7/11. was at the hospital with my son and it came on the news, did not really know about terrisiom until then



3. soham murders, was visiting my brother in birmingham



and thought they had just gone off with friends



Current events...what are the three news events you rember and?opera ticket



hiya



I remember being on the M1 coming home from Yorkshire when Diana died,



I was shopping in Argos when the terrorists hit the Twin Towers and everyone stood round the tv,s in there as they hit.



And sitting in front room with parents in Leicester watching the man bought to justice for murdering 2 girls in the same village as us, Dawn Ashwoth and Lynda Mann,this was Nov 21st 1983 and July 31st 1986.This is also memorable because every man in Enderby,leices had to give DNA sampling and i remember my dad having to do this.The man was Colin Pitchfork who lived in a neighbouring village.I also remember not being allowed out as much either.



Current events...what are the three news events you rember and?pacific theater opera theater



princess dianas death and i was at mum and dads looking after their dogs i was pregnant at time
1. Diana's death - at work



2. 9/11 - living in America at the time and at work for that one also!



3. Berlin Wall coming down - at friends house watching it on T.V.
Dunblane. I was in my 2nd year of high school and got home and seen it on newsround. I remember thinking 'how did I already know that' as if I had already been told about it. It was really bizzare and so close to me it was scary.



Princess Diana dying. It was the morning after my sisters wedding. I woke up with my friends in the living room around 9am and flicked through every channel moaning at it all being news then we stopped and payed attention. I'm not a Di die-hard but the news was pretty shocking.



9/11. I was at college and had finished early so popped in to see my sister at the shop she worked in which was Granada, the TV shop (don't think they are around anymore) when it came on all the tellies. It was surreal. We stood there watching the 2nd plane hitting the tower. The shop was full of people just standing open mouthed.
9/11 - at home just came back from London and put on the T.V. to see two towers and hear a bit from the newsreader and assumed the NYSE had hit the floor as it went down the day before..



Diana Princess of Wales Death: At home hearing my mother shouting about Diana dying and waking up tired and groggy and my first thought the papparazi have got to her in the end....



Lockerbie at home predicting the downing of an aircraft as ihad a prmonition the night before looking out to suspect whether a streetlamp in the distance was the light from a plane on its way down..was with my Mother when the news broke on TV
london bombings ..... i was a chambermaid sneakily watching tv in a guests room



diana's death .... i was decorating



9/11 watching tv and heavily pregnant
1) Diana's death- I was at home celebrating my birthday



2) OJ Simpson's escape in his white bronco- Was on vacation with my family in Florida



3) September 11- In Biology class in tenth grade
1. 9/11/01 I was in an Infection Control class at work. I went through a really diffcult period of acceptance after that.



2. The Virginia Tech Massacare I was sitting in the living room watching TV and it was interupted with that news.



3. 4/20/99 The Columbine High killings. I was in the hospital in labor with my oldest child.
1. End of WW2. I distinctly remember the street party although I was very young.



2. The assassination of President Kennedy. I had just got off a train and the taxi driver broke the news.



3. 9/ll. Picked up the Daily Telegraph and there was this horriific front page.
1. Dunblane Primary school- i am just an hr away from Dunblane,so was quite a shock.and was working in a school,so that was scary too



2. 9/11 I was living in USA at the time. i had been to visit the twin towers in the June,and got on a boat to Empire State building.it was 5pm,and lots of office workers going home on the boat-really sad to think about them now



3. Princess Diana- i had been out for the night with friends,and came home to hear on the news she had died...
1. Death of President Kennedy (So sad)



In the bath .



2. Death Of John Lennon (Even more sad)



At work



3. The Whole band Aid thing ( 2xDouble more sad)



Watched it all with my old mum who was in hospital.
1. Terrorist attack in Germany by IRA in which the father of a schoolmate of mine was killed in 1979.



2. The Death of Princess Diana - my husband said to me as I got up that Sunday that she was dead. I asking if she had killed herself, he said no and then I said, "Oh, a car accident then." My dad had the same reaction, funnily enough



3. September 11th attack on the twin towers - I had a day off work and I stopped a pub so I could use the loo, the news was on and the attack had just happened and we were getting minute by minute coverage. I ended up staying and watching as the towers came down.
Elvis's death I was playing on the street and my mam called me in for tea and told me and my sister the news. I said who? Why that sticks in my mind, I don't know!



The other answers bring back memory's.



Dunblane I was in a guest house in Pucon, Chile. And was watch the news with disbelieve.



Sept.11 At work driving back to the yard, just before 3pm. Listening to radio2. When the said they will more on the plane crashes in New york. I said to my mate "crashes" plural? I flicked to Radio4 but they had a play on. So I thought it couldn't be serious! Good old BBC. The 3 o clock news, turned me cold.



Diana death. Waking up in my friends flat after a night on the town. My friends ex. called and told us, my reaction was to laugh.
1. The Aberfan Disaster - I was at home watching TV



2 London Bombings - we were in a car travelling down the M6 heading for Portsmouth and the ferry to France. All the matrix signs suddenly started showing a warning that London was closed to traffic and advising drivers to turn on their radios.



3. The sinking of HMS Sheffield during the Falklands War - sitting at home listening to the MoD announce the loss of an unnamed ship and wondering if it was my brother's
Aberfan disaster - first time I saw my Father cry.



Funeral of Churchill - my Grandmother wanted us quiet - I think we got a day off school and were playing.



The tsunami - because it was Christmas.
9/11 - I was watching tv at home, when a news flash came on.



7/7 - I was on holiday abroad, when a bar we were in had Sky News on, and the story was breaking.



The death of Princess Diana. I was in bed, and my husband was downstairs, he turned the tv on, and it was on the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin allergy